Brown Girl Studio

Mom. Wife. Grad Student. Yogini. Wannabe Designer.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

...And The Winner Is...

....me! Finally finished what I am now calling The Husband Scarf. A seventy two row pattern that repeated four times!! It's gorgeous and just waiting to be blocked. Will do that tonight and am going to try to whip up his matching hat before Monday. Pictures forthcoming.

Meanwhile, I was in Books-A-Million the other day and picked up this:



and will probably go on and order these two from Amazon:





Neither one are new releases but I like to check things out in the library before I make my purchases since so many books wind up being huge disappointments....from patterns not being written in a logical way to just projects that really look homemade. Not that I'm a whiz kid knitter or seamstress but I figure if I'm spending this much time and money on fabric and yarn, I want my project to look as well made as possible. Plus the fact, I'm kinda past the cutesy age.

I was also browsing around my favorite place and saw this:



the essential "Little Black Dress" and this:



that I want to try to make by spring and this:



by Junior Trends that is just so sexy. Thinking I may just purchase it and then try to deconstruct it so that I can make a pattern and go from there.

Who woulda thought I'd be having this much fun? Friday (school break) can't get here soon enough!

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I started sewing at the age of eight by the time I turned 18 or 19 I was making all my own clothing. I loved it since I didn't find too many outfits like mine.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home