Brown Girl Studio

Mom. Wife. Grad Student. Yogini. Wannabe Designer.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Return On Investment?

Okay, so is Addi the ONLY one that makes size 19 circular needles in 47 inch? That's what the Yoke Dress in Vogue Knits is calling for. And the Addi's are $25.95 - for ONE friggin pair of needles. So I've gotta either a) check my LYS to find out if they have any (the online places are adding an extra $10 to the price of $15.95 and I don't know if that has something to do with shipping) or b) decide if I really want to make this Yoke Dress cause I can't imagine when I'll need another 47 inch cable. There are lots of others that have 19 inch needles but none with a 47 inch cable that I can find. Argh!

I know, I know....it's an investment .... but hey....aside from my winter knits...am I really gonna get a lot of mileage out of those needles?

Just thinking ....

6 Comments:

Blogger nakachi said...

that just means that you'll have to find another project for them after the dress is finished!

there are certainly worse choices to make. ;)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

this is true .... local yarn stores don't have them in 47 inch. darn.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

problem solved. i ordered the denise interchangeable set and love it.

what rock have i been under?

8:41 AM  
Blogger make it real said...

greetings, angel....

you coming back? u r missed...

peace,
kellz

10:00 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Hey Kellz:

Thanks for checking up on me, girl. I'm just trying very much to "be in my world" right now. Blogging has a way of taking too much time away from that world where I love to dwell. But I promise, me come 'round again soon, soon ....:
:>)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

I was JUST going to suggest that you take that money, put in another 25 dollars and buy yourself a Denise Needle Set. But it looks like you've already thought of that.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home