Brown Girl Studio

Mom. Wife. Grad Student. Yogini. Wannabe Designer.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Amazing Race

Okay, so I've officially decided that next year I will do things much differently than I did this year. I'll do one of two things. I will either A) wear a string of garlic around my neck to ward off any impulse to knit a holiday gift for anyone, ever again or B) just start my holiday knitting in, say, July? Who knew I'd be up against the wall like this? Who knew that the fifth grade teacher would hand out three exams in one week and the husband would decide to do double overtime and the car insurance bills would be due necessitating Mom to pull an extra shift or two, not to mention two open houses for middle schools that Mom and Dad are considering for the fifth grader. Oh, and did I mention the three December deadlines for three seperate journals and an essay deadline for the 31st? Yeah, okay.

So anyway, I've been wanting to upload some pictures of the handbag that I finished, the McCall patterns that I bought for this sweet little skirt that I'm planning to make and the fabric I bought to go with it; been wanting to talk about my plans to go to Philly at the end of the month, to Fabric Row, to do some touching and feeling and buying of more fabric (not to mention my plans to check the yarn shops too); been wanting to upload some sketches I've been working on.....but whose got the time? Right now I've got to finish The Husband Scarf with matching Beanie Cap for the husband who says to the other parents in the pick up line, "Oh yeah, she loves to knit but she never makes anything for me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home