Brown Girl Studio

Mom. Wife. Grad Student. Yogini. Wannabe Designer.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Okay, So What's Next ?

Lately, I've been in a real sweater-y, shawl-y kind of mood. I figure I'll always have a pair of socks on the line, but right now I really kind of want something I can rock for fall. That said, I've decided I'm going to start on this:



that I found here back in the summer. I wish I'd have started it then (looks really simple) so that I could be rocking it now, but, oh well. So anyway, I picked the Lilac right here:



in the Allhemp6 DK weigh. (You'll see, I have a thing for purples and pinks). Gonna cast on tonight and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

And, look, have you seen the fall issue of Vogue Knits?



There are two really cute little numbers in there -- the yoke dress on page 87, which looks like it could be quick since it's done with big yarn (Cascade Magnum) and then another little sexy number on page 2, with a delightful scoop neck (I love scoop necks) that I wouldn't necesarily do with that color yarn but I like the sweater and could certainly multitask it. This would be my first foray into sweaters but hey, ya gotta start somewhere right?

I got next.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, you've got to start somewhere. My wife knits and enjoys it, she's tackled all sorts of projects, from the simple scarves to the multi-coloured multi knitted sweaters... good luck!

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear you coming out of your shell Angel. See, practice makes perfect. I love that magazine. I'm currently knitting #3 even though I've put it on hold already.

Necia

7:30 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Necia: Yeah. My problem is similar to what Kellz said in her blog about sweaters -- I want things to come out right THE FIRST TIME. Learning to give up that obsession. So what if it doesn't come out right? You live and you learn .... plus it helped when I went to a friend absolutely frantic about my sock. She said, Would you calm down! Knitting is SUPPOSED TO BE relaxing ... remember that?

So since then I've been on CHILL.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home