Brown Girl Studio

Mom. Wife. Grad Student. Yogini. Wannabe Designer.

Friday, March 10, 2006

New Book, Finished Project



Ten voices can't be wrong and so I've decided to add this to my book wish list. I'm hearing that it is indeed a gorgeous book.
I haven't physically seen it in any of the bookstores but here's a link to some of the fabulous reviews its been getting.

And here's what one reader had to say: "There are a lot of knitting pattern books out there–new, fun, hip. This is a book that will stimulate you when the newness wears off, challenge you when the same techniques aren't as much fun anymore, and re-invent you when the hipness factor dies down. And as the author, and myself hope–will encourage you, to draw your own cultural parallels and contribute to the Global Book.”—Sahara Briscoe, Sistah Craft Blog. You can find Sahara's blog here.

On another note: it's late and I'm tired but I did want to post one of the earlier pictures of my Isabeau purse. It's been busy on my end and I try to spend the bulk of my time writing while the kids are in school and the house is quiet. I'm about half way through. I still have to do the blocking and then finish up the handle but here's what it looked like about a week and a half ago:








... and a darling little eyeglass case that i just finished, for a darling little set of eyeglasses that never seem to make their way outside during recess. so here's a little place where they can "sleep" until the recess bell rings:





Okay, now I can go to sleep.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww how cute. I can't wait until you finish Isabeau. What kind of yarn are using?

Necia

7:30 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

Hey Necia: I'm using Brownsheep Lambs Pride All Season Luxury Cotton in magenta. It's incredibly soft and not as "tight" as most regular cottons. (80% cotton and 20% merino wool). I have to do the blocking yet. It's just been crazy busy on my end. Hope I can get to it this week.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://ljumsrgr.com/llbm/kxdl.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ehsmwonn.com/pvks/drfh.html]Cool site[/url]

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://ljumsrgr.com/llbm/kxdl.html | http://fhdwqxlm.com/bpah/cbcp.html

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home